Inventory Unit Detail
2014 Meyer Products HotShot 70 HD
A Broadcast Spreader For All Seasons
For a heavy-duty broadcast spreader built for all-season use, look to the Meyer Hotshot. Meyer Hotshots are compact, easy to maneuver and built to handle the extreme conditions of year-round use.
Hotshots are designed to apply a variety of materials including top-dress sand, rock salt and ice melt on snow and ice, as well as limestone and fertilizer. Maximum spread range is from 12-feet to 18-feet, depending on the model.
- All Meyer premium Hotshot models now feature 13 " diameter heavy-duty ice-gripping tread pattern tires for enhanced traction and stability.
- Controlled Spread - Hotshots are equipped to spread in confined areas, thanks to an easy-to-remove deflector shield that prevents the material from flying too far. All three Hotshot models feature ice-gripping tread pattern tires for enhanced traction in the snow. ; A custom-fit, see-through cover keeps the weather out and the material in.
- Custom, See Through Cover - Hot Shots come standard with a custom-fit, see-through cover that keeps the weather out and the materials in. The cover keeps you spreading by preventing the material from clumping.
- Reliability - Our proven construction process ensures years of reliable service. Hotshot hoppers are made of high-density polypropylene and the frames are powder coat painted, butt welded and coated with epoxy. The axle and wheel bearings/bushings provide self-lubrication with excellent wear and load-carrying performance. ; Meyer offers a 1-year warranty on the Meyer Hotshot Spreaders, parts and labor. Replacement parts and accessories also carry a one-year warranty.
- The ergonomically friendly T-handle features a convenient push-button shut-off to quickly and easily stop the flow of material. The material flow rate is easily adjusted with an easy-to-read wheel. Hotshot spreader settings correspond to other spreader models (see instructions for quick reference). Meyer also provides guidelines for application settings based on particle size.
- The Hotshots That Don’t Mind Being Pushed Around - Pushing a fully-loaded spreader over snow and ice or uneven terrain can be frustrating. With the Meyer Hotshot, you’ll glide over the toughest surfaces because Hotshots have pneumatic tires driven by a gear-assisted axle with self-lubricating bearings/bushings. Made out of heavy-duty Nylatron GS impregnated with Teflon,® the greaseless gears are smooth as silk.
- Two Sizes, Three Models - The Hotshot broadcast spreader is available in two capacities: 70 pound: holds 1.5 bags of fertilizer or ice melt. 100 pound: holds two bags of fertilizer or ice melt. The 70-pound capacity is available in two frames: Heat-treated carbon steel / rust-proof stainless steel. The 100-pound hopper comes in stainless steel that stands up to snowy conditions.
- Depth: (Hopper) 14.5"
- Diameter: (Spinner) 12" ; (Tire) 10"
- Hopper Height: 11.5"
- Maximum Capacity: (Load) .9 cu ft ; (Weight) 70 lbs
- Weight: (Empty) 36 lbs
- Width: (Hopper) 19.5" ; (Spread min-max) 0' - 12'
- Material: (Hopper) Poly ; (Frame) Stainless Steel ; (Spreading) Sand, Salt, Seed & Any Free Flowing Material ; (Spinner) Poly
- Warranty: 1 Year
- (Empty) 36 lbs